Hey, what did you say! You don’t even want to miss your favorite TV Shows and want to remain fit too. Did I hear it correctly? You want to be updated with the happenings worldwide through TV, and then you say, you don’t have time to exercise. What if it is really possible to remain fit along with watching your favorite serials? What if your dream of fitness can be merged with your TV addiction?
Yes, you heard it right. Now becoming a couch potato doesn’t mean becoming fat. You don’t need to go to the gym in all that traffic. Think no more you wasted your time after watching an episode. Now, being slim and watching TV can go hand in hand.
In this article, we are going to describe five different exercises which can be done while watching Television:
How to Do? 
- Put your hands on your hips and stand erect.
- Bring forward your right leg by 2 feet or so.
- Look straight at the TV.
- Go down straight, keeping your right foot completely on the floor and heels of left foot lifted off the floor.
- Make a 90-degree angle of your lower left leg with your back and also your lower right leg with the ground.
- Pause in this position for 5secs.
- Come back to the starting position by using the heel of your right leg.
- Repeat with legs switched.
- You can also do weighted lunges if you are comfortable with the bodyweight lunges.
- Do this on tough ground, not on a mat.
- It is helpful in strengthening muscles of thighs, hips, lower leg and the core.
- It improves the flexibility of hip muscles which are responsible for lower back pain due to sitting in front of the TV all the time.
How to Do? 
- Stand straight with your feet apart.
- Feet must be shoulder-width apart.
- Lower the body by pushing your hips and stop when your knees are bent at a 90-degree angle.
- The Back should be neutral, not arched.
- Slowly go back to the starting position.
- Squats help strengthen the muscles of thighs, hips, and lower back.
- It is useful for burning the calories you intake while watching the shows.
- Squats also prevent ligament and collective tissue injury.
How to Do? 
- Get yourself down in the plank position with your body weight supported on your forearms and the toes.
- Keep your fists closed and wrists in line with the elbow.
- The elbows should be just below your shoulders.
- Look down at the floor and so this is the exercise to be done during commercials.
- Torso must be straight and must not touch the ground.
- Hold on for 10 seconds. Increase these time with practice.
- First of all, planks strengthen your entire body- the core, lower back and the shoulders.
- Next, it will help you shed body fat.
- Finally, It reduces back pain and give you a balanced posture.
How to Do? 
- Stand on your feet slightly apart and hands on your side.
- Jump up with simultaneously moving your legs apart and moving your arms above your head into a clap.
- Immediately come to the starting position by reversing the move.
- Repeat as many times as you like.
- To begin with, Jumping Jacks is a cardiovascular exercise and has numerous benefits for the heart.
- Moreover, it is a complete body workout which strengthens muscles of various part of the body, such as the core, shoulders, thighs, etc.
- Besides, this exercise increases metabolism and helps you lose weight.
- To conclude, it keeps you active during the day.
How to Do?
- Sit down on the edge of the chair and hold its edges with both your hands, knuckles pointing forward.
- Keep your feet apart on the ground.
- Lower your body towards the floor and bend your elbows at 90 degrees.
- Bring your body back to the starting position, extending your arms.
- Do 6-8 repetitions.
- Make sure the chair or bench is sturdy.
- They are good for building the triceps (the back of the arm).
After knowing that you can kill two birds with one stone, still, you are unable to push yourself to work out, follow these simple tips:
- Bring your exercise equipment, treadmill, etc. near the TV.
- Watch exercising and fitness shows on TV.
- Motivate yourself by thinking that you don’t need to go to the gym anymore. You can work out from the comfort of your own home.
- Give yourself targets, like how many push-ups are to be performed during the commercial break.
You simply need to follow these tips and do the exercise. Consequently, you will grow no more fat bulges due to just sitting and watching your dearest episodes.